PBS Crash Course Computer Science
Crash Course Computer Science by PBS is our most recommended learning playlist for people of all levels after basic schooling.
Hosted by Carrie Anne Philbin, this course consists of 40 entertaining and educational videos based on introductory college-level material as well as the AP Computer Science Principles guidelines.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the history of computers and the design decisions that gave us modern computers
- Describe the basic elements of programming and software
- Identify the basic components of computer hardware and what they do
- Describe how computers are used and how that has evolved over time
- Appreciate how far computers have come and how far they might take us
Computer Science Concepts by FreeCodeCamp
This free YouTube playlist by FreeCodeCamp has full-length courses and short videos that cover many essential computer science concepts such as:
- Computer Science Terminology
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Version Control with Git
Harvard CS50 2020: Intro to Computer Science
CS50 is Harvard University's introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.
CS50 is an entry-level university course that teaches students how to think algorithmically and solve problems efficiently. It is suitable for advanced high school students or university students of all backgrounds.
Topics include abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development.